Julie Whaley. Powered by Blogger.

I Heart Followers

Monday, May 17, 2010

What's cookin' Monday

This week’s entry for What’s cookin’ Monday is simple but yum. I picked it because it is oh so easy and it will give us a break from our Mexican leftovers from my Birthday weekend.


So on the menu is:

Beef and Vegetable Stir fry
For something like this I use a bag of store bought frozen stir fry vegetables. I buy mine from Costco.

Ingredients:

• 3/4 - 1 pound flank steak
• ¼ cup flower for dredging
• 1/2 cup stir-fry sauce (such as Yoshida’s)
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 3 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil, divided
• 3 – 3 ½ cups frozen stir fry vegetable mix

Preparation:

1. Use a sharp carving knife or a cleaver to cut the steak into thin slices that are about 1/8 inch thick and 1 ½ - 2 inches long. If you like, go one step further and lay the strips on top of one another and cut again into thin strips.

2. Dredge each strip of beef in flour shaking off excess.

3. Measure out the stir-fry sauce into a small bowl or a measuring cup. Chop the garlic.

4. Heat a wok or heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it is almost smoking. Add 2 tablespoons oil into the wok, tilting the pan and drizzling the oil so that it coats the sides of the pan. When the oil is hot, add half of the chopped garlic. (You can test to see if the oil is hot by dropping in a small piece of garlic. If it sizzles, the oil is ready). Stir-fry the garlic for 10 seconds, and then add the beef.

5. Lay the beef flat in the pan. Let it brown briefly, then stir-fry the beef until it loses its redness and is nearly cooked through (if you are using 1 pound beef it's best to divide it in half and cook in two batches). Remove the stir-fried beef and drain in a colander or on paper towels.

6. Heat 1 tablespoon oil of oil in the same wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the remainder of the garlic. Stir-fry for 10 seconds, then add the frozen vegetables. Stir-fry for 3 – 5 minutes, or according to package directions. Splash the vegetables with a bit of water if the vegetables begin to dry out while you are stir-frying.

7. Add the stir-fried beef back into pan. Add the stir-fry sauce and bring to a boil. Stir-fry for 1 – 2 more minutes to mix everything together. Serve hot over cooked white or brown rice.

Enjoy!! ;o) The meal was simple tonight now go relax!!!


Vote For The Reason for my Insanity
Please Click and Vote!!!

400px

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Reason, my Life , my Love

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas
Born March 29th 2006 He's my Master Negotiator and Helper
This little man is my baby in training. He gave me the greatest honor of changing my life and title forever. He made me Mom. He made me important.

It has been a short four years that have blurred past of sword fights, super heroes and laughs.

Johnpaul is a Big Brother ask any one he doesn't take his title lightly.

One of my most favorite of many amazing attributes of Johnpaul is his idea of Honor Love and Family. He is a awesome little boy. I look forward in watching him grow.

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob
Born November 21st 2007 He's my Determined Problem Solver
This guy was worry from within the whom. At week 15 I started to bleed. We were loosing him. It was that day this sweet one even before breathing air taught me one of my most precious life lessons.. patience.

Before I had little but while pregnant with him I was on strict bed rest for 172 days. I was more than worth it.

My image of him was he was the most Determined person.. boy was I right. He will because of this be anything he wants. Greatness is in his future.

Nathaniel is loving, sweet and considerate. He can melt your worst day with his smile.

My sweet baby Christian Michael

My sweet baby Christian Michael
Born September 10th 2009 He is my Big Snuggler
This little love. He's my last but in no where my least. He was not planned but was very welcome. He was an Anniversary Gift the best kind ever. Christian doesn't talk yet or walk but I can already tell he's a big thinker.

He is always watching. I can't wait to see how his personality unfolds... but at the same time hope he takes his sweet time. He is my baby, my last and I'd like to keep him sdmall for a bit ;o)

Music I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP