This is a recipe I found that I have been searching FOREVER for. I had to share because even though I did not name it correctly I love and crave this taste. It is a copy cat recipe from a restaurant I love.
This is not a tried recipe by me.Ingredients:
2/3 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix (the whole packet measures 1/4 cup, so use slightly less or use the whole packet if you like the onion soup mix taste) - for vegetarian version substitute dry soup mix without beef bouillon
2 cups or 16oz. low-fat ricotta cheese
2 cups or 16oz. firm tofu (mashed into small pieces)
1/4 cup vegetable oil of choice
1/3 cup onions
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. rosemary (fresh is good)
4 cups (dry measured) Special K (note: this approximately equals 4 oz or 113 grams of the cereal by weight)
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic
FOR THE SAUCE:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup molasses
1/8 cup to 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (to taste)
Pinch cayenne ground pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Sauté onions and garlic.
Beat eggs in a bowl, and then add all other ingredients except the Special K. Mix well and then add the Special K last. Put in pan that is sprayed with cooking oil.
Bake for 1 hour. Pour sauce over loaf after 1 hour, and bake for 10 more minutes.
This is a Perfect side car for this Meatless Meatloaf. Great served over lumpy mashed potatoes.
• 3/4 Cup white or button mushrooms, chopped
• 2-1/2 Cups vegetable broth
• 1/4 Cup vegan margarine
• 1 Small yellow or white onion, minced
• 1/4 Cup flour
• 2 tbsp Soy sauce
• 1 tbsp Poultry seasoning
• Salt and pepper to taste
• In a skillet, melt the margarine and add onion and mushrooms to it.
• Fry them for 1 to 2 minute on high heat.
• Reduce the heat to medium and combine broth and soy sauce to it.
• Gradually add flour to it, stirring well to combine and prevent the lumps from the forming.
• Bring it to simmer or a low boil, and then decrease the flame.
• Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to it, stirring constantly.
• Cook it for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, till gravy thickens.
Serve over hand mashed potatoes…perfect.
Enjoy this knock off... I'll post a picture later.. If I don't attack it or forget.
Please Click and Vote!!!