The day has changed!! Wednesday is the new What's cookin!
Monte Cristo Sandwich
Yummy, Good, EasyIngredients:
8 slices bread (I use challah)
4 teaspoons honey dijon mustard
8 slices thin deli sliced swiss cheese
8 slices thin deli ham
8 slices thin deli sliced turkey (I like smoked)
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons milk (low fat to try to keep it low in fat!)
powdered sugar, for dusting
raspberry preserves, for dipping
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Lightly butter a baking sheet pan. I use the spray.
3. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of bread.
4. Layer between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, and another slice of cheese.
5. Repeat to make four sandwiches. Whisk eggs, flour, butter, salt and pepper in a shallow dish until smooth.
6. Blend in milk.
7. DIP both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture until bread is lightly soaked.
8. Place on baking sheet; drizzle any remaining egg mixture over top of sandwiches.
9. Bake 8-10 minutes until bottom is golden brown.
10. Turn with wide spatula and continue baking 8-10 minutes or until second side is golden brown.
11. Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar and dip or spread raspberry preserves on sandwiches.
Mmmmm... Yuuuu- mmmmmy!!
Please Click and Vote!!!