Julie Whaley. Powered by Blogger.

I Heart Followers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

It’s Contagious

Kindness. It’s funny how you can walk through one day from the moment your eyes pop in a mutilated moon. You just can’t get it right. You feel like screaming hiding and chopping off the heads of those you find dear. Wow get that Lady some coffee!!!


But then the smallest thing can happen, something you wouldn’t think would make a difference and Whalla! Good Mood times a coming. I personally try to be in good spirits. I try not to allow myself to be effected by the infectious lameness that is a lot of surly jaded people. Walking through life in their compartmentalized world. I’m not perfect, it happens.

But what I love is when you can make someone who you can tell by not even knowing them that you’ve changed their day. You by being nice made a difference. That is a gift to that otherwise upset person.

I was at Costco today and upon entering the line I noticed a Lady standing with one item in her hand. She looked bothered, hot, kinda POed. One thing that was really obviously annoying to her was my kids but haha (I’m there with her. They can be that.) So I thought I’ll throw her a bone and let her in front of us. Man !!! What a change! I might as well just told her she won a prize!! Needless to say she was happy and tried to tip me?! Strange because this isn’t the first time this has happened. I know it, weird….

A small act of kindness and she was all over the place with “Thank yous” and now my kids were SO cute… Good stuff.

I believe that it takes so much more effort, just as a frown takes more muscles to be sad than to be happy and kind. I love to make people smile. I love making someone happy. It’s great.

On her way out she had a different demeanor and a skip in her step. Love it.
Moral of this story is: Practice Random Kindness who knows who or what you could affect!!


1 comment:

  1. I agree. Be kind to others, even if they aren't kind to you. It can make a huge difference in someone's day.

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Reason, my Life , my Love

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas
Born March 29th 2006 He's my Master Negotiator and Helper
This little man is my baby in training. He gave me the greatest honor of changing my life and title forever. He made me Mom. He made me important.

It has been a short four years that have blurred past of sword fights, super heroes and laughs.

Johnpaul is a Big Brother ask any one he doesn't take his title lightly.

One of my most favorite of many amazing attributes of Johnpaul is his idea of Honor Love and Family. He is a awesome little boy. I look forward in watching him grow.

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob
Born November 21st 2007 He's my Determined Problem Solver
This guy was worry from within the whom. At week 15 I started to bleed. We were loosing him. It was that day this sweet one even before breathing air taught me one of my most precious life lessons.. patience.

Before I had little but while pregnant with him I was on strict bed rest for 172 days. I was more than worth it.

My image of him was he was the most Determined person.. boy was I right. He will because of this be anything he wants. Greatness is in his future.

Nathaniel is loving, sweet and considerate. He can melt your worst day with his smile.

My sweet baby Christian Michael

My sweet baby Christian Michael
Born September 10th 2009 He is my Big Snuggler
This little love. He's my last but in no where my least. He was not planned but was very welcome. He was an Anniversary Gift the best kind ever. Christian doesn't talk yet or walk but I can already tell he's a big thinker.

He is always watching. I can't wait to see how his personality unfolds... but at the same time hope he takes his sweet time. He is my baby, my last and I'd like to keep him sdmall for a bit ;o)

Music I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP