Julie Whaley. Powered by Blogger.

I Heart Followers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today I just can’t Win

Since the moment my eye balls popped. I just can’t win. What little sleep I got last night was repeatly interrupted by a super stuffy nose and a cranky baby. Now I know that the baby is cranky probably because his noisy Mom is up and down all night blowing her nose so, I’ll take that one. Strike one…

But then I go to take a bath to try and relieve this congestion. I get a sweet miniature visitor knocking at the door. It’s Nate and he wants to take a bath with me too. As cute as it is, I kinda was hoping to relax and decompress. Oh well, we had a great time playing when I go and invite Johnpaul to hop in too. He says no so we go on our merry way playing. Just as we get out dry off and begin dressing in comes Johnpaul VERY upset because he now decides he wants to bath with us. *Sigh* Strike two….

Nathaniel and Johnpaul keep saying they want to see their Na Non and Pop Pop so, I make the call. It’s been a long while since we’ve seen them. And longer since the kids got to play with them. January 10th. Pops is all stoked so I get off the phone and tell the kids. Yippee good times…Since we are going to be in their area awesome, that will work out great!!

No guess not. My Mom calls back saying she doesn’t think it a good idea. The kids just got over being ill and she believes it to be a mistake. Huhhhh… that she is My Mom after I say I think this would be my call Mom… Yes you are MY Mom but you are not THEIR Mom . This has been a constant struggle for her since I having kids. I know she is my Mom. I know that she is NOT there’s. If I felt it was a issue I would not take them. It is ME who deals with it if they are sick not HER. It's my call of how they are doing. Being on the phone doesn't could for in person first hand knowing.

Okay yes my kids just did get over being ill. But they are done with their meds and are sick to see them. It’s not as though we are going outside o the park. Or going swimming or anything that could put them in health or physical jeopardy. It’s to Grandma and Grandpas house for crying out loud.

They haven’t seen them for 2 months… They miss them and every time we make plans they cancel them. I can’t keep telling my kids “sorry we can’t go to Grandma and Grandpas house today” My 4 year old gets so bummed out and my 2 year old is getting there. They don’t understand. I get the feeling a lot of the time that she just doesn’t want company. And I’ve asked her this. If this is in fact the issue she needs to say so. This is how I feel. Plans made talked about all week long then boom day of, just hours before meeting canceled….My Mom has been ill. Now no I am not blaming her for being ill, but if there is opportunity to see them then why wouldn't she??

Now she’s all mad and I’m all mad. It doesn’t feel real good about going over there but my kids want to see them so bad. So last question asked “So are we coming over??” “Yes you can come, but I don’t want any more of this” she says… Any more…?” Any more of what??? Whatever. Strike Three…

Again. My continuous issue is I guess have expectations. I want my kids to have time with them. Am I over exceeding my expectations???

I don’t think so.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Don't you love when family makes plans with the kids and cancels last minute. They just don't get that kids DO NOT understand!

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Reason, my Life , my Love

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas
Born March 29th 2006 He's my Master Negotiator and Helper
This little man is my baby in training. He gave me the greatest honor of changing my life and title forever. He made me Mom. He made me important.

It has been a short four years that have blurred past of sword fights, super heroes and laughs.

Johnpaul is a Big Brother ask any one he doesn't take his title lightly.

One of my most favorite of many amazing attributes of Johnpaul is his idea of Honor Love and Family. He is a awesome little boy. I look forward in watching him grow.

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob
Born November 21st 2007 He's my Determined Problem Solver
This guy was worry from within the whom. At week 15 I started to bleed. We were loosing him. It was that day this sweet one even before breathing air taught me one of my most precious life lessons.. patience.

Before I had little but while pregnant with him I was on strict bed rest for 172 days. I was more than worth it.

My image of him was he was the most Determined person.. boy was I right. He will because of this be anything he wants. Greatness is in his future.

Nathaniel is loving, sweet and considerate. He can melt your worst day with his smile.

My sweet baby Christian Michael

My sweet baby Christian Michael
Born September 10th 2009 He is my Big Snuggler
This little love. He's my last but in no where my least. He was not planned but was very welcome. He was an Anniversary Gift the best kind ever. Christian doesn't talk yet or walk but I can already tell he's a big thinker.

He is always watching. I can't wait to see how his personality unfolds... but at the same time hope he takes his sweet time. He is my baby, my last and I'd like to keep him sdmall for a bit ;o)

Music I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP