Julie Whaley. Powered by Blogger.

I Heart Followers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What’s cooking Monday!

Okay so I had a Mom Moment LOL


Yesterday was Monday.....
I missed What’s cookin Monday.
Too funny.
We’ll I had planned something but the holiday threw me off so I guess this once you’ll al have to pretend with me hard that today is Monday or that this was posted yesterday.
Whichever Friday is still in three days either way.

So I hadn’t made it in a while for whatever reason I don’t have the foggiest. Just forgot about it. Hummm who knows. But I thought Chicken Gumbo sounds Yummy! So that’s what’s for supper tonight or yesterday night.

Chicken Gumbo
Yummy!! It’s been cold and rainy here in Seattle so it sounds Perfect!

Ingrediants:

1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup flour
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch strips
1 cup white potatoes (1/2 lb), cubed
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup carrots (1/2 lb), coarsely chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 medium carrot, grated
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 stalks scallion, chopped
1 whole bay leaf
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
2 tsps hot (or jalapeño) pepper
1 cup okra (1/2 lb), sliced into 1/2-inch pieces

How to’s:

1. Add oil to a large pot.
2. Heat pot over medium flame.
3. Stir in flour.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to turn golden brown.
5. Slowly stir in all the broth using a wire whisk and cook for 2 minutes. The mixture should not be lumpy.
6. Add all ingredients except okra. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Add okra and let cook for 15 to 20 more minutes.
8. Remove bay leaf.
9. Serve hot in a bowl or over rice.

Mmmmmmmm.... Good.


Vote For The Reason for my Insanity
Please Click and Vote!!!
 400px

2 comments:

  1. It was good! Forgot to get a picture LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it tonight with a little adaptions (missing some items). This was a HUGE hit in my house. Even Tarynn ate some!

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Reason, my Life , my Love

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas

My Big Boy Johnpaul Thomas
Born March 29th 2006 He's my Master Negotiator and Helper
This little man is my baby in training. He gave me the greatest honor of changing my life and title forever. He made me Mom. He made me important.

It has been a short four years that have blurred past of sword fights, super heroes and laughs.

Johnpaul is a Big Brother ask any one he doesn't take his title lightly.

One of my most favorite of many amazing attributes of Johnpaul is his idea of Honor Love and Family. He is a awesome little boy. I look forward in watching him grow.

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob

My Big & Naughty Nathaniel Jacob
Born November 21st 2007 He's my Determined Problem Solver
This guy was worry from within the whom. At week 15 I started to bleed. We were loosing him. It was that day this sweet one even before breathing air taught me one of my most precious life lessons.. patience.

Before I had little but while pregnant with him I was on strict bed rest for 172 days. I was more than worth it.

My image of him was he was the most Determined person.. boy was I right. He will because of this be anything he wants. Greatness is in his future.

Nathaniel is loving, sweet and considerate. He can melt your worst day with his smile.

My sweet baby Christian Michael

My sweet baby Christian Michael
Born September 10th 2009 He is my Big Snuggler
This little love. He's my last but in no where my least. He was not planned but was very welcome. He was an Anniversary Gift the best kind ever. Christian doesn't talk yet or walk but I can already tell he's a big thinker.

He is always watching. I can't wait to see how his personality unfolds... but at the same time hope he takes his sweet time. He is my baby, my last and I'd like to keep him sdmall for a bit ;o)

Music I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP