Yesterday was Monday.....
I missed What’s cookin Monday.
We’ll I had planned something but the holiday threw me off so I guess this once you’ll al have to pretend with me hard that today is Monday or that this was posted yesterday.
Whichever Friday is still in three days either way.
So I hadn’t made it in a while for whatever reason I don’t have the foggiest. Just forgot about it. Hummm who knows. But I thought Chicken Gumbo sounds Yummy! So that’s what’s for supper tonight or yesterday night.
Yummy!! It’s been cold and rainy here in Seattle so it sounds Perfect!
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup flour
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch strips
1 cup white potatoes (1/2 lb), cubed
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup carrots (1/2 lb), coarsely chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 medium carrot, grated
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 stalks scallion, chopped
1 whole bay leaf
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
2 tsps hot (or jalapeño) pepper
1 cup okra (1/2 lb), sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Add oil to a large pot.
2. Heat pot over medium flame.
3. Stir in flour.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to turn golden brown.
5. Slowly stir in all the broth using a wire whisk and cook for 2 minutes. The mixture should not be lumpy.
6. Add all ingredients except okra. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Add okra and let cook for 15 to 20 more minutes.
8. Remove bay leaf.
9. Serve hot in a bowl or over rice.
Please Click and Vote!!!